Friday, July 06, 2007

Summer Intern

.....doing a great job as she works in Sidewalk Sunday School, coordinates loading of cook-out trucks, teaches Children's Sunday School, participates in worship, keeps the food pantry area clean and food stocked, plays with kids at cook-outs, passes out fliers and the list can go on and on. I will let her introduce herself to you:

My name is Melissa Zimmerman. I grew up in Greentown and attended Grace United Methodist my entire life. This fall I start my sophomore year at DePauw University where I double major in Spanish and Religious Studies. When I was twelve I first recieved my call to be an ordained elder in the United Methodist Church, so I am working through the process I must
follow to achieve that goal. After Undergraduate School, I will go to seminary and continue through the steps to ordination. This internship gives me an opportunity to see what a pastor like Jeff does, and it shows me the importance of missions in our own backyard.

Keep Melissa in your prayers.

No comments: