Saturday, August 18, 2007

Bishop's Christmas Offering

The local school system provided lunches for neighborhood children from the time school ended until July 20. We began serving lunch the following week, we thought about 20-30 meals a day, we averaged about 100 meals a day. The difference concerned me as we did not have the food nor the money to keep that going for 18 days. I wondered what we were going to do. About the third day, I received a letter from the Bishop. I quickly opened it, as it is rare that I would receive a letter from the bishop. There was a check enclosed for $1400.00!!!! It was a portion of "The Bishop's Christmas Offering", that goes to children in poverty. God is good!!! We spent almost all of it, serving over 1,750 lunches.

Thank You Bishop Coyner and all the churches that collected the offering.

No comments: