Thursday, February 21, 2008

History of Easter Basket Workshop



The Easter Basket Workshop began in 2006 when Tribune reporter Tom Carey brought us thirty well filled Easter baskets to give to children who were in need. I shared with a mother that we would be giving her child a basket the Sunday before Easter. She said, "I wish I could give a basket to her". I asked her if we had a Easter Basket workshop would she come and make one for her and she said, "yes".

I then called Tom Carey and asked if we could take the baskets apart. I told him in 5 days we would have the workshop. Tom put an article in the paper and the donations came pouring in. Easter grass in bales, 1/2 pound chocolate rabbits, balls, yo yo's, candy eggs, full size candy bars, gum, we had it all. The first year 150 baskets were made and the second year 500 baskets went out the back door. I am anxious to see what happens in 2008,

No comments: